Sunday, August 4, 2013

I'm still here!

I am still here, and a really long post is brewing. I just have to find the time and the energy to get it out :) The last 3 or so weeks have been crazy. Between my beautiful friend's wedding yesterday (congrats Kayla!!) and all the July birthdays in the Franzen family (including my own) things have just been hectic and we've fallen out of routine. The children are off their nap schedules (good heavens!) this mama is staying up late thinking about weddings, needing to exercise more, friends moving away, VBS, cleaning out the hall closet, Bible study, how to add more hours to the day and creeping closer to 30. Also, there is a ridiculous mountain of laundry to contend with, as well as a full-blown toysplosion that spans multiple rooms. I am physically and emotionally exhausted, but really happy and blessed too. As always.

I guess I just wanted to say hey :) I am still here! I'm mustering up the courage and energy to type out something heartfelt and revealing.

In the mean time, here are just a couple of things (people) that I am thankful for:

 This lovely and whimsical girl is my dear friend Kayla. Yesterday, we celebrated her wedding! I think Kayla has been dreaming about her wedding since the time we met when she was 16 and I was 17, so it was really exciting to share her special day with her and see her dreams becoming reality. This girl used Pinterest and a hot glue gun to create an absolutely gorgeous wedding, straight out of a story book! I am so blessed to call this beautiful woman my friend. We have had a ton of fun together over the past 9 years and have shared an assortment of experiences ranging from Walmart craft kits to singing karaoke and scrapbooking to engagements and babies and hard times too. The funny thing is that I met this sweet friend in the dining room of a nursing home, of all places. I trained her on her first day as a server and impressed her by dropping an entire tray of glasses in the dining room. She's been there for me through it all and Kayla is one of those friends that I can not see in a while and then pick right back up with where we left off. I know I could call her any time of day and she would be there for me. She's a diamond in the rough and I love her very much! Congratulations on your wedding, my dear! Looking forward to future shenanigans :)

This is my friend Jessica with her husband and daughter. I am so blessed to have met Jess a few summers ago during VBS at our church. Sometimes in life, God gives you friends that you can share all of yourself with- the good parts and the not-so-good parts- and Jess is one of those friends. She's a gal that I love to have hanging out in my kitchen all day long, talking about every topic under the sun while our kids play (and occasionally hit each other with shovels). This woman once created lunch for our kids using a bare pantry and the milk from a sippy cup. That's talent, folks! She's been a friend that I can confide in that loves me even after seeing my dirty laundry (literally and figuratively!) and I am so appreciative of that. Jess is moving away next weekend and while I am going to miss her crazy bad, I am so excited for her and her family as they embark on a new journey together. I love you, Jess! Can't wait to hear and share in this new chapter of your life!

I am so blessed that God has given me these friends, and countless others, to share my life with. I may not have much money, a big house, or fancy clothes, but I am rich in blessings and for that I am so grateful.

Oh, one more thing.

This guy here. Still thankful, still blessed by his perpetual love, support and understanding. He played single dad yesterday so that I could spent the day with my friend and I really appreciate that. Also, you guys all know how I have a talking problem, right? As in, I can't stop? Well this guy here patiently listens to me, and a lot of the time he is just getting ready to go to bed when I decide it's time to dive into a deep, time-consuming topic or rant. I just want Tim to know how much I appreciate that! I love you . And thank you, for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Goosebumps & tears! I am so blessed to have you as my friend. I love you & appreciate you more than I could ever express! I'm gonna miss you like crazy but thanks for your support. You have been the one through all this that has put what's best for my family first, & I really needed that! You reminded me that if this wasn't "his plan" that it wouldn't all be falling into place so easily. Those words gave me the strength to take this leap. Giant hugs! Come visit me!

    ReplyDelete