Wednesday, August 26, 2015

End of Summer Goals Update

It has been a while since I've updated this so I figured it was about time. Here's how I'm doing with my 2015 goals...

Creative Goals:
  • Finish the girls' quilts  Ok so Lydia's is done and I actually sewed all the pieces of Lexi's together. Now I just need to sew the backing on and then do some top-stitching. Not too shabby.
  • Sew a quilt for baby Isaac before he turns 1.  Sorry buddy. This is not going to happen without a time machine and some extra cash :/
  • Complete 2014 photo book I have not worked on this since the last time I updated. Maybe today? I did buy some new photo paper and most of the ink cartridges are full...
  • Publish a minimum of 2 blog posts per month Yeah not so much. I have posted twice since the last update in May. Having trouble finding a topic to write about that is worth reading...What should I write about?
Healthy Goals:
  • Walk or run 3 days per week minimum  I stopped running and started a different exercise program which helped me to lose 15lb...then I started falling off of that bandwagon as well. Dang it! It is hard to maintain stamina, especially now that our school year has started and I am allergic to fall. This week I've been cutting out extra snacks and just trying to get more steps in.
  • Find an exercise partner to hold me accountable
  • Complete a spring/summer 5k and a fall 5k I did a spring 5K and a summer 5K and I believe that will be it for the year unless it begins raining money.Calling it done since I did two.
  • Eat a fruit and a vegetable every day (embarrassing but it doesn't always happen) Not doing too badly here. I eat a salad almost every day. I'm surprised to find that I am eating more veggies than fruits, I was always the opposite in the past.
Reading Goals:
  • Read about 2 books per months but at least 24 per year I am doing well! I have read at least 4 or 5 adult books since my last update, listened to several more young adult audiobooks, and am reading tons aloud to the kids. I discovered Good Reads and I am enjoying all the recommendations on there.
  • Read the Bible every day Doing ok. Finished my long term Bible study and participated in another short term one and am now kind of hovering in between waiting for a new one to start.
  • Find a new Bible study to participate in after current one is over  I participated in a short term study over the summer and am now looking to start a new study next month. Good job me.
  • Find or start a book club and attend regularly I went to a book club meeting. I don't know if it was a good fit. I might try another meeting or keep looking. Or I might just watch more Netflix ;)
Parenting Goals:
  • Have a one-on-one date with each child once per month Hmm. I bet I've done this monthly. Nothing super special. All they really want is to be heard without competition :)
  • Spend one-on-one time with Lydia every day This one is hard. We had a lot of one-on-one time while Lexi was at camp but I think we bored each other ;) She always wants to play pretend but I am terrible at following the rules so we read a lot together. She does make a great shopping buddy though!
  • Develop some kind of routine that involves the kids cleaning The kids have daily jobs! They pick up the living room, help unload the dishwasher, water the flowers, feed the cats, and help pick up their rooms.
Marriage Goals:
  • Go on at least one date per month Doing pretty well. Looking forward to Awanas starting up so we can have more time together. We have been watching Brooklyn 99 together and I am not watching ahead without him..so that's impressive..
  • Fill in the couples journal together every week Oh geez it has been months! Should be fun when we actually sit down and do it.
  • Cook Tim a special birthday meal
Home Goals:
  • Organize the basement It is looking much better! I posted pictures of the school room we created. I have rearranged my side a little bit. The unfinished side needs more help.
  • Paint the kitchen 
  • Donate the girls' old clothes  I donated a lot and am just participating in my first consignment sale ever. Looks like I've made about $80, which is definitely more than I make when I donate, so that's a plus. 
  • Go room to room with a trash bag and purge as much as possible, selling anything decent on Craigslist Yeah, this needs to be done over and over again. But I have done it once, so that's good, right?

Goals are hard! I have a tendency to lose interest in projects and move on to other projects. I'm more of an ideas person than a follow through person. What stuff have I done this year that wasn't on this list? I need to add it so I can check it off ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment