Saturday, September 28, 2013

I am thankful

I talk about being thankful a lot because I have a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful for my family and for my friends, for my home, for the fact that there is food in the kitchen, clothes in the closet, books on the shelves and peace in my heart. I am thankful that God has brought me to where I am today.

I went to Women of Faith with some friends this weekend, and it was a great experience, a real time of encouragement and empowerment, a wonderful reminder of all He has done for me and all that I can do for His people. I know that He has amazing plans for me, and I have a feeling they might be kind of big. We will see.



What have I been up to lately?

1. Listening to this song. I've heard it on the radio many times and I got to see it performed LIVE today. It was powerful! Check it out: You Are I Am

2. We've decided to sponsor a child through World Vision. We've talked about it before and then the WOF conference sealed the deal and last night we chose 5-year-old Yerlyn from Costa Rica, who loves drawing, just like another little girl I know. I am so excited about this.

3. I've been trying to reduce my number of commitments in order to make a bigger impact in the most important areas of my life. It is freeing.

4. I have been teaching Lexi at home. Did I mention I am homeschooling her this year? Well, I am. More about that in future posts perhaps. We are giving it a test drive, using a few different curricula and doing Pre-K/Kindergarten. I mostly love it so far. Right now we are working on reading and writing mostly, and she is also taking an Intro to the Stage class and checking out every single bug that comes within 10 feet of her. She says she wants to be an entomologist when she grows up. I feel really blessed to have this time with her and with Lydia.

5. Reading! I am reading again and it feels so right! I just reread Think: Straight Talk for Women to Stay Smart in a Dumbed-Down World and I loved it even more than the first time I read it (which was when Lydia was just a few weeks old, so my brain probably wasn't in on it too much then). It has inspired me not only to read more, but also to start reading the news. So now I've got NPR and USAToday apps and I am following things outside my four walls and feeling informed.


I hope this finds you well, my friends. Blogger tells me that a few people are reading this, or maybe that is just me re-reading my own writing for errors ;)  I want you to know that whatever you are going through right now...won't last forever. You are loved. Don't forget that!

No comments:

Post a Comment